Clearly I'm doing much better if it's been nearly 3 weeks since saying anything. I've had a few unfortunately run-ins at work...people who didn't know I was pregnant, or people who were nosy about where I was for a week. I would say everybody has been very supportive.
So now I'm thinking about what I'm going to do the next time around. If there's a next time. When there's a next time. First of all, Mr. B and I have decided not to even try until February because of his work schedule. Part of me wants to just start right away, but I think if I wait at least one extra month I'll feel better about it.
And what about all of the things I did "wrong" during this last pregnancy? I know there are no strict RULES, because people do terrible things all the time while they're pregnant and still have perfect babies. But I keep thinking about all the times I "cheated" and why I won't do it again.
1. Don't drink so much Diet Coke!!! I kept drinking at least 2 per day the whole time I was pregnant. I need to only drink one. It's not healthy for me anyway.
2. No deli meat! I know this one is stupid. My doctor told me no deli meat. I think I ate deli meat 5 days a week this pregnancy. No matter how much I want Jimmie John's, I'm not going to eat it next time.
3. Exercise. Even just a little bit. I did at the very beginning, but then I just got so tired. I don't care if it's just a little bit of floor exercise before I go to bed, I'm going to do it.
4. Don't hate being pregnant. Not going to lie, I don't like being pregnant. But I didn't get pregnant to be pregnant. I got pregnant to have a baby. But I'll try to enjoy it a little more next time around.
5. Don't stress out. I know I'll be a nervous wreck the whole time next time. I don't want to be. There's nothing I can do about it if something goes wrong in the first 20-30 weeks anyway, so I might as well just enjoy it while I can.
6. Don't go out and buy a bunch of maternity clothes right away. I bought a bunch of shirts this time, because they were on sale. And I really was getting to the point where I needed them. Now I'm stuck with a bunch of winter maternity clothes when, hopefully, I'll be pregnant in the summer. Although I guess it will stretch into late fall too, if all goes as planned.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment